PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR APPLICANT DATA
2. FOR WHICH PURPOSE DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
3. HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
4. WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
5. HOW ARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA SECURED?
6. HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
7. CAN YOU WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT?
8. HOW TO LODGE A COMPLAINT OR REPORT A DATA BREACH?
9. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
This Privacy Statement is applicable to the processing of all personal data of future employees, future temporary workers working under direct supervision of (e.g. independent contractors and trainees), future executives or non-executive directors of Our Company or future members of the supervisory board or a similar body of Our Company (each an “Applicant” or “you”) in the field of recruitment by Nutreco N.V. based at Stationsstraat 77, Amersfoort, The Netherlands and any company directly or indirectly owned or controlled by Nutreco that the you interacted with (hereafter referred to as “Our Company”, “we” or “us”).
Nutreco N.V. and any company directly or indirectly owned or controlled by Nutreco that you interacted with are responsible for the processing of your personal data. In this statement we describe who we are, how and for which purposes we process your personal data and all other information that may be relevant to you. In case you have any additional questions you can contact us via the contact details provided at the bottom of this statement.
This Privacy Statement applies since May 24, 2018. The last modifications were made on May 24, 2018. This statement may change over time and the most up-to-date version is published on our website. If significant changes are being made during your application, we will actively inform you.
We collect and process personal data of Applicants for the purposes of the recruitment and selection procedure and to ensure its efficient and effective functioning:
A. To communicate with you regarding your employment or job application
If you have shown interest in a position within Our Company, we store your personal data in our relevant recruitment systems. We use the data in our systems to communicate with you and to determine whether your qualifications and profile meet the requirements of a specific vacancy.
For this purpose
- we process your personal data on the basis of your consent when you provide us with your personal data
- we process your contact details, recruitment information (such as your resume, employment history, education history etc.) and correspondence with us with regard to job applications (including references).
B. To answer your questions
If you get in touch with us, we will use your personal data in order to reply and answer your question(s).
For this purpose
- we process your personal data on the basis of your consent
- we process your name, contact details, your correspondence with us with regard to your question and any personal data that you provided to us in relation to your question(s).
C. To assess and evaluate you during the recruitment procedure
During the recruitment procedure, screening (for example in the form of a skills assessment) may be part of the procedure.
For this purpose
- we process your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest to select competent applicants that meet the requirements of a specific vacancy with Our Company
- we process – to the extent applicable – personal data that you provided to us, observations about your skills and competencies from assessors, your assessment tests results.
D. To enter into an employment contract with you
If we offer you a position at Our Company, we will process your personal data to prepare and process an employment agreement. We use your personal data for the conclusion, execution and termination of your employment agreement. We will then also store your personal data in our HR systems.
For this purpose
- we process your personal data because it is necessary for entering into an employment contract with you
- we process – to the extent necessary – your contact details, date of birth, gender, civil status, nationality, citizen service number, ID card or passport details, declaration of employment status, chamber of commerce and VAT details, recruitment information (such as employment history, education history details), job and position data, work permit details, availability, terms of employment, tax details, payment details, and insurance details.
E. Social networks, such as LinkedIn, and other publicly available websites
We may collect your personal data from public profiles on LinkedIn or other social networks and other publicly available websites if you reacted to Our Company recruitment initiatives on such social networks and websites, or signed up via integrated functionality of such social networks, recruitment websites or our own websites. We also may collect your personal data from such sources when you provided a link to your profile on any such site as part of your job application or curriculum vitae submitted with your job application.
We may also obtain your contact details from publicly available sources, including content that you have made public on LinkedIn or other social network sites or similar sites for professional purposes to make an initial contact with you for recruitment purposes. We will contact you if you have made your contact details available to Our Company to contact you for recruitment purposes and will provide you with clear option to ask us stop contacting you for career opportunities and remove your personal data from our systems.
For this purpose
- we process your personal data based on our legitimate interest and we process your personal data to find suitable candidates for vacancies at Our Company
- we process the personal data you have made public through your public profiles on LinkedIn or other social networks and any correspondence between you and our recruiters. This includes your name, contact details if made available, current and past job titles, employment history, educational information, skills, recommendations, and curriculum vitae if you made it available.
F. To protect your vital interests
When it is necessary to process your personal data to protect your vital interests, we will do so. This could, for example, be the case when you have a physical disability or medical condition that we need to be aware of when you are visiting us at our premises.
For this purpose
- we process your personal data to protect your vital interest and we will process your personal data if it is necessary to avoid a risk of injury or other damage to your health
- we process – to the extent necessary – your contact details, the contact details of your emergency contact, car registration number, the location of your Company site and the relevant health data that you provided to us.
G. To inform you and communicate with you about other vacancies
Sometimes, we just do not have the right role available for you yet. If you choose, we will keep information about you in our systems and contact you if we have a new vacancy that may be of interest to you. We may also invite you for recruitment activities or communicate with you about job opportunities.
For this purpose
- we will process your personal data based on your consent when you choose to keep your information in our systems
- we process your contact details (such as your address and email address), the information you submitted to us in the course of previous job applications (for example, your resume) and a summary of how you performed during previous job applications with us.
Our Company generally shall retain Applicant Data only for the period required to serve the applicable Business Purpose, to the extent reasonably necessary to comply with an applicable legal requirement or as advisable in light of an applicable statute of limitations.
Promptly after the applicable storage period has ended, the Data shall be:
(i) securely deleted or destroyed; or
(ii) anonymized; or
(iii) transferred to an Archive (unless this is prohibited by law or an applicable records retention schedule).
Access to your personal data within Our Company
The employees involved in the relevant recruitment procedure may have access to your personal data, be it only to the extent necessary to fulfil their respective tasks. These employees are for example our recruiters, HR employees and the relevant manager.
Your personal data may be accessed by other relevant departments within Our Company such as IT, Legal and Compliance, to the extent necessary to fulfil their respective tasks.
In some cases, your personal data may be transferred to a country that does not provide an adequate level of protection of personal data. However, Our Company has taken measures to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected as Binding Corporate Rules are applicable throughout the group that Our Company belongs to.
Access to your personal data by third parties
The following types of third parties may have access to your personal data where relevant for the provisioning of their products or services to Our Company: Recruitment Agencies, Employee Screening Agencies, Assessment Centres, and IT Suppliers.
When third parties are given access to your personal data, Our Company will take the required contractual, technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal data are only processed to the extent that such processing is necessary for the purpose of processing agreed with Our Company. The third parties will only process your personal data in accordance with applicable law.
If personal data is transferred to a third party in a country that does not provide an adequate level of protection of personal data, we will take measures to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected, such as entering into EU Standard Contractual Clauses with these recipients.
In other cases, your personal data will not be supplied to third parties, except when required by law.
In our opinion and based on our risk assessment, we have taken adequate safeguards to ensure the security of your personal data. In our assessment we have considered the risks of accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, damage, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, and other forms of unlawful processing (including, but not limited to unnecessary collection) or further processing.
You have the right to request access to or an overview of your personal data, and under certain conditions, rectification and/or erasure of personal data. In addition, you may also have the right of restriction of processing concerning your personal data, the right to object to processing as well as the right to data portability.
To invoke your privacy rights, please contact us by using the contact details at the bottom of this Privacy Statement. Keep in mind that we may ask for additional information to verify your identity.
Once given, you may always withdraw your consent. Please keep in mind that withdrawal does not have retrospective effect and the withdrawal of your consent is only possible in case you first have given your consent. Please contact us to withdraw your consent by using the contact details at the bottom of this Privacy Statement.
If you have a complaint about the use of your personal data by Our Company, or if you have become aware of a data breach by Our Company, you can lodge a complaint or report a data breach via the contact details at the bottom of this statement. Besides lodging a complaint with Our Company, you are also able to lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority.
If you have any questions about the way we process your personal data, please read this statement first. For additional questions, remarks, compliments or complaints, please contact the privacy officer of Our Company at firstname.lastname@example.org.